Thursday 7 January 2016

Yule and Christmas celebrations

My mum is Pagan so we celebrate Yule every year in our house a few days before Christmas. Last year (Happy New Year!) it was only my mum, my step dad, myself and my best friend Holly which was different as we usually have the neighbours and family friends round. It's pretty similar to Christmas, we wake up, open presents, have a Yule dinner and a yule log, and a few drinks. Since I made plans to spend Yule with my mum in Birmingham and Christmas with my dad and family in Blackpool, I had some of my Christmas presents on Yule. 
From my Mum, Step dad and family I got:
A khaki faux fur parka from Miss Selfridge which I had been after for over a year:
http://www.missselfridge.com/en/msuk/product/clothing-299047/coats-jackets-299068/faux-fur-299198/khaki-faux-fur-luxe-parka-4764571?bi=1&ps=40
A pair of black knee high leather boots from Primark
A Leonie Dawson 2016 Diary Planner:
https://shiningacademy.com/2016-workbooks/
Eyes Uncovered Nude Bronze Palette by Collection
Rimmel London Rita Ora nail polish in 860 Bestival Blue
An art therapy colouring book and pens
Grimm Season 4
A Golden Wonder Lush gift (included:Golden Wonder bath bomb and Star Dust bath bomb)
A Make-up Set
And £60

For Christmas off of my Dad, his partner, and my sister and family I got:
3 Perfumes: Justin Bieber Someday, Justin Bieber Girlfriend and Rihanna Reb'l Fleur
A red coat
A necklace


On Christmas Day at my dads we had the family over for dinner like we used to, and I had a tad too much to drink (first Christmas since turning 18!). I would include a few photos of the celebrations but I didn't take any. To my knowledge there was only a video taken, which was of myself, my sister, her boyfriend, my brother, and my dads partner dancing to the macarena, trying to teach my almost 4 year old (at the time) niece the moves. She is the most adorable kid. I do have a photo of the dinner table pre-dinner.

I think it looks quite cute. I hope you had a great Christmas, and Yule if that is something you celebrate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment